These notifications are based on specific triggers available for an application. Unless otherwise configured here, a default email will be sent to the Author for these triggers: Action/Amount Due Changed, Action/Author Approval Request, Event/Renewal Notice, Event/Expiration Notice
For all other triggers, there is no default email. For the triggers that already have a default notification, the only reason you would need to set up a notification in this section is if you want the notification to be different than the default or if you want a notification to be sent to an employee as well.
Click “Administration” under the “User” tab at the top of the page
Click “App Groups” in the “General” section near the top of the page
Click “Manage” next to the App. Group for the Application you want to make a notification for
Click “Manage” next to the Application you want to make the notification for
- Click "Triggered Notifications"
- Click "Add"
- Step 1: "Basic"
- Choose which trigger you want the notification to send on
- Choose which group of users you want to be notified
- Author (The person who filled out the application and any email addresses specified in the Extra Notification Field in the management section)
- Step 2: "Notify?"
- Choose who exactly you want to notify based on the previous group selection
- No (This is an option so that you can disable the default author notification for this trigger)
- Nobody (This is an option so that you can disable the default employee notification for this trigger)
- Selected Users (allows you to choose specific employees from a listing)
- Choose if you want this notification to be sent based on the triggers from an App subtype
- Step 3: "Composition"
- If the notification is set up to go to Employees: Selected Users, choose the employees that you want to notify on this step
- Fill in the Message Subject and Message Body fields
- You can have the email auto fill relevant information such as:
- Choose if you want a link to the application to be added to the end of the email
- This link requires a login in order to view the application
- Step 4: "Preview"
- This step gives you a preview of what your notification will look like when it is sent
- Step 5: "Test"
- This step lets you test your notification by entering a UID for an existing application and clicking "Test"
- NOTE: IF THE NOTIFICATION IS FOR THE AUTHOR OF THE APPLICATION THIS WILL SEND TO THE AUTHOR
- The best way to test a notification is by creating a test application that only has your own email or a test email on it
- Click "Save & Exit"