These notifications are based on the statuses that are available for an application. Depending on how the statuses are set up, there can be some overlap with the Approval Notifications. By default, when an application is submitted, it automatically changes to Pending Review so any notifications that are created for Approval Level 1 and Pending Review would send at the same time.
Click “Administration” under the “User” tab at the top of the page
Click “App Groups” in the “General” section near the top of the page
Click “Manage” next to the App. Group for the application you want to make a notification for
Click “Manage” next to the App Type. you want to make the notification for
- Click "App. Status Notifications"
- Click "Add"
- Step 1: "Basic"
- Choose which status you want the notification to send on
- Choose which group of users you want to be notified
- Author (The person who filled out the application and any email addresses specified in the Extra Notification Field in the management section)
- Step 2: "Notify?"
- Choose who exactly you want to notify based on the previous group selection
- No (This is an option so that you can disable the default author notification for this status)
- Nobody (This is an option so that you can disable the default employee notification for this status)
- Selected Users (allows you to choose specific employees from a listing)
- Step 3: "Composition"
- If the notification is set up to go to Employees: Selected Users, choose the employees that you want to notify on this step
- Fill in the Message Subject and Message Body fields
- You can have the email auto fill relevant information such as:
- Choose if you want a link to the application to be added to the end of the email
- This link requires a login in order to view the application
- Step 4: "Preview"
- This step gives you a preview of what your notification will look like when it is sent
- Step 5: "Test"
- This step lets you test your notification by entering a UID for an existing application and clicking "Test"
- NOTE: IF THE NOTIFICATION IS FOR THE AUTHOR OF THE APPLICATION THIS WILL SEND TO THE AUTHOR
- The best way to test a notification is by creating a test application that only has your own email or a test email on it
- Click "Save & Exit"